We look forward to hearing from you! Please get in touch during office hours and, if we can’t answer immediately, leave a detailed message or WhatsApp us and we will get back to you. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding.
Important: Adoptable animals are not at our Fisantekraal premises. Most stay at Uitsig ARC, while some are in private foster care. Please contact us to arrange a meeting. Thank you!
Emails: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
General enquiries and donations: 062 258 3547 or 084 519 0380 (09h00 – 18h00)
Adoptions: 062 258 3547 / 084 519 0380 (09h00 – 18h00)
Volunteering: 082 773 2089 (09h00 – 18h00)
Shop donations: 083 277 3292 (09h00 – 18h00)
Kennel donations: 082 783 1066 (09h00 – 18h00)
We serve the communities of Fisantekraal, Morning Star, Klipheuwel, and surrounding farms. Sadly, we lack resources to assist those from further afield, such as Kraaifontein, Scottsdene, etc. For other areas, please visit AACL Bellville South – details below.
FAW PHYSICAL ADDRESS: We are Approximately 10km outside Durbanville, direction Malmesbury. Tuesdays and Saturdays. 09h00 – 12h00. Corner Lord’s Walk and Dulah Omar Streets, Fisantekraal.
Map and directions below.
Drop-off points for donations include our premises, Tygerberg Animal Hospital Bellville and Durbanville (Plein Street), Durbanville Animal Hospital (De Villiers Drive) and volunteers around Durbanville (by arrangement). Please do get in touch for more info. Thank you!
ANIMALS UP FOR ADOPTION: Most of our animals board at Uitsig ARC near Melkbos (off the R27 – Langebaan Road). Monday – Saturday, 09h00 – 16h00 (12h00 on public holidays). Some are in private foster care. Please contact us to arrange a meeting. Click here for directions and map: UARC.
- Take the Klipheuwel/Malmesbury Road (R302) from Durbanville.
- Pass Graanendal and Phizantekraal Winery (on your left);
- Go over the four-way traffic lights at the Okovango Road (M137) extension from Uitzicht. If coming from Uitzicht, turn right onto the R302.
- Pass County Fair Chickens and Stanler Farms Nursery.
- Turn right onto Lichtenburg Road (R312 Stellenbosch).
- Go over the railway bridge.
- There are 2 entrances to Fisantekraal to your right; pass the taxi-rank turn off and take take the SECOND turn off RIGHT (brown police sign).
- Fisantekraal Animal Welfare is 200m further, opposite the police station in shipping containers.
From the N1:
- From the N1, take the Lucullus Maroela Road (M167) turn off (exit 34) that passes Cape Garden Centre.
- Continue on Lucullus until you reach a T-junction then turn LEFT.
- Continue until you get to the dirt road and turn RIGHT (railway will be on your left.)
- Continue onto the tarred road, past the taxi rank.
- Road comes out on the main Lichtenberg Road (R312).
- Turn right, then continue as above.