Telephonic/Whatsapp enquiries: please contact us during office hours; if we can’t answer immediately, please leave a detailed message. Please bear in mind that we are all part-time volunteers. Thank you for your patience.
Important: Adoptable animals are NOT at our Fisantekraal premises! Most stay at Uitsig ARC, while some are in private foster care. Please contact us to arrange a meeting. Thank you!
NOTE: Please respect the volunteers and understand that they cannot always assist immediately. OFFICE HOURS ONLY PLEASE (09h00 – 18h00 9AM – 6PM) – THANK YOU!
General enquiries and donations: 062 258 3547 / 084 519 0380 / email@example.com – OFFICE HOURS ONLY PLEASE (09h00 – 18h00)
Adoptions: 062 258 3547 / 084 519 0380 / firstname.lastname@example.org – OFFICE HOURS ONLY PLEASE (09h00 – 18h00)
Volunteering: 082 773 2089 / email@example.com – OFFICE HOURS ONLY PLEASE (09h00 – 18h00)
Shop donations: 083 277 3292 / firstname.lastname@example.org – OFFICE HOURS ONLY PLEASE (09h00 – 18h00)
Kennel donations: 082 783 1066 – OFFICE HOURS ONLY PLEASE (09h00 – 18h00)
Note: We serve the communities of Fisantekraal, Morning Star, Klipheuwel, and surrounding farms. Unfortunately we lack resources to assist those from further afield, such as Kraaifontein, Scottsdene, etc. For other areas, please visit AACL Bellville South – details below.
FAW PHYSICAL ADDRESS: Tuesdays and Saturdays ONLY Corner Lord’s Walk and Dulah Omar Streets, Fisantekraal. 09h00 – 12h00.
Approximately 10km outside Durbanville.
ANIMALS UP FOR ADOPTION: Most of our animals board at Uitsig ARC near Melkbos. They are open Monday – Saturday, 09h00 –
16h00 (until 12h00 on public holidays). Some are in private foster care. Please contact us to arrange a meeting.
*UARC are situated in Melkbos just off the R27. Click here for directions and map: UARC.
For detailed directions to FAW, see below map.
- Take the Klipheuwel/Malmesbury Road (R312) from Durbanville.
- Travel past Graanendal and continue on past Phizantekraal Boutique Winery (on your left);
- Go over the four-way traffic lights (new road).
- Pass HOK 11, Denny Mushrooms, Country Fair Chickens and Stanler Farms Compost.
- Take the Lichtenburg Road (R312 Stellenbosch) turn-off to your right.
- Go over the bridge (over the railway).
- There are 2 entrances to Fisantekraal to your right, the 1st has a green signboard saying Fisantekraal – take the SECOND turnoff RIGHT (you will see a brown sign for the police station).
- Fisantekraal Animal Welfare is opposite the police station (a few meters after you’ve turned off) in shipping containers.
From the N1:
- From the N1, take the Lucullus Maroela Road (M167) turnoff (exit 34) that goes past Cape Garden Centre (CGC).
- Continue on this road (Lucullus) until you reach a T-junction.
- Turn LEFT and continue until you get to the dirt road.
- Turn RIGHT onto the dirt road. The railway will be on your left.
- Continue onto the tarred road, past the taxi rank.
- Road comes out on the main Lichtenberg Road (R312).
- Turn right, then continue as above.