We’re excited to hear from you and help you choose a new family member!
Please get in touch at email@example.com or WhatsApp 078 892 7892 or complete the application form here.
All adoptions are subject to a basic home check and adoption fee. The fee covers sterilisation, vaccination & deworming up to date of adoption, microchipping, and a vet check in Durbanville (Cats are also tested for FeLV and FIV).
Please view our dogs, cats, kittens, and puppies linked below. If we don’t have what you’re looking for here, please contact us anyway as we may just have had one surrendered, or can add you to our waiting list.
OUR ADOPTION PROCESS
- Apply via our easy online application form or contact our adoption team via WhatsApp, phone, or email. If you need advice on choosing an animal or have not seen one that strikes a chord with you, let us know so that we can help you choose your new family member!
- Meet your pet-to-be. Most of our animals are in private foster homes and we will arrange for you to either visit them at the foster home, or to meet them off-site, depending on the situation. We still have 3 dogs in shelter care at Fallen Angels, where you can meet them. Get in touch so that we can set up an appointment for you.
- Home check. One of our volunteers will visit your home to ensure that, not only will the animal fit in well and be safe, but that they will be the perfect match for you. Happily-ever-afters are our goal. We follow strict Covid-19 protocols.
- Adoption fee and contract. If you have fallen in love and decide to adopt, it is time to sign an official adoption contract which says the animal is yours, and to pay the adoption fee (scroll down to find out what your adoption package includes).
- Take your new furry family member home. You will need to fetch your new pet. Remember to take a secure cat carrier for cats, and a collar and leash for dogs. We have plenty of advice right here on our website to assist you in making their homecoming as fuss-free as possible, and are always happy to assist you via email or phone if you have any questions or concerns.
- Follow up. We will get in touch within a few days – just to find out how things are going and to make sure that you are still happy with your new friend! We also welcome your updates as we love to hear how our lucky adoptees are doing.
ADOPTION FEE and ADOPTION PACKAGE INCLUSIONS
Our adoption fee of R700 for cats or kittens, and R850 for dogs or puppies helps us provide the best care for the animals and ensures that your pet has been vet checked, microchipped, and sterilised, and is vaccinated and dewormed up to date of adoption (if your pet is too young to be sterilised at the time of adoption, this will be arranged at an appropriate age at one of our vets). Cats are also tested negative for FeLV and FIV.
- Animals are vet checked. Cats are also tested for Feline leukaemia and FIV
- Microchipping with a Get Me Known microchip
- Sterilisation (spay/neuter). If your pet is too young at time of adoption, we will arrange for it to be sterilised at 4 – 6 months of age, depending on the animal.
- Vaccinated up to date of adoption
- Dewormed up to date of adoption
- (Our foster animals are also treated for fleas and ticks)