We look forward to hearing from you! Please get in touch during office hours and, if we can’t answer immediately, kindly leave a detailed message or WhatsApp us and we will get back to you. We sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding. Please bear in mind that we aren’t an animal shelter and don’t keep animals on site, and we unfortunately cannot collect strays.
Important: Adoptable animals are not at our Fisantekraal premises. Most are in private foster care and a small handful are at Uitsig ARC near Melkbos. Please contact us to arrange a meeting. Thank you!
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Phone: 062 258 3547 (09h00 – 18h00) OR complete the below contact form.
We serve the communities of Fisantekraal, Morning Star (Durbanville), Klipheuwel, and surrounding farms. Sadly, we lack resources to assist those from further afield, such as Kraaifontein, Scottsdene, etc. For other areas, please visit AACL Bellville South – details below.
Adoptions only: WhatsApp 078 892 7892 (09h00 – 18h00) or email email@example.com
Where is FAW?
We are approximately 10km outside Durbanville, direction Malmesbury. Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. 09h00 – 12h00.
- Location 1 (food, etc.): Corner Lord’s Walk and Dulah Omar Streets, Fisantekraal.
- Location 2 (clinic): 25 Kameeldoring Street, Greenville (adjacant to Fisantekraal)
Drop-off points for donations include our premises, Tygerberg Animal Hospital Bellville and Durbanville (Plein Street), Durbanville Animal Hospital (De Villiers Drive) and volunteers around Durbanville (by arrangement). Please do get in touch for more info. Thank you!
- ANIMALS UP FOR ADOPTION: Please contact us to arrange a meeting. Most of our animals are in foster care; a handful of dogs are at Uitsig ARC near Melkbos.
Directions to FAW
- Take the Klipheuwel/Malmesbury Road (R302) from Durbanville.
- Travel past Graanendal and continue on past Groot Phesantekraal.
- At the three-way traffic lights (Okavango-Klipheuwel T-junction), continue on and pass the Durbanville Memorial Park and Corobrik.
- Take the Lichtenburg Road (R312 Stellenbosch) turn-off to your RIGHT.
- Go over the bridge (over the railway).
- There are 2 entrances to Fisantekraal to your right, the 1st has a green signboard saying Fisantekraal – take the SECOND turnoff RIGHT after the bridge (you will see a brown sign for the police station).
- Fisantekraal Animal Welfare is opposite the police station (a few meters after you’ve turned off) in shipping containers.
From the N1
- Take Exit 29 – Okavango Road (M137) turn-off direction Uitzicht/Durbanville.
- Continue until the T-junction with Klipheuwel Road at the traffic lights.
- Turn RIGHT onto the Klipheuwel Road and follow the above directions.
- Take the Lucullus Street turn off (M167) and pass Cape Garden Centre.
- Continue until you reach the T-junction and turn left. Pass Lat Wai farm and continue until you reach Canary Street (T-junction). Turn RIGHT onto this dirt road.
- Follow the dirt road (Canary Str) – the railway will be on your left. The road will become a tarred road and go past the Fisantekraal taxi rank.
- Once you reach the R312, turn RIGHT.
- Take the first RIGHT by the signboard for the police station.