Thank you for wanting to make a difference by helping Fisantekraal Animal Welfare!
As a non-profit organisation that relies on donations, FAW appreciates the support of all individuals who wish to undertake fundraising activities of behalf of the organisation. In order to manage risk and organisational liability, it is necessary for all individuals to follow a protocol as outlined below. Kindly take a moment to read these guidelines, as laid out below (or download it here: FAW fundraising guidelines 2021 ) This is to protect both us and you.
Should you require a letter of authority to collect and/or approach the public or companies in the name of Fisantekraal Animal Welfare, please complete the FAW fundraising form 2021 and send it to us at email@example.com, allowing 48 working hours notice for a letter to be completed.
This document outlines the requirements stipulated by Fisantekraal Animal Welfare for any person, organisation or group who wishes to undertake fundraising in the name of our organisation. Fisantekraal Animal Welfare (FAW) is a non-profit, charitable organisation whose aim is to provide basic health care for the animals of Fisantekraal/Greenville, and to empower the community. We aim to help people to help animals. To this end, there is an expectation that all people who represent our organisation will present themselves in a professional manner at all times, and conduct their activities in such a way as to inspire confidence and trust in and respect towards the organisation. Please take a moment to read through this document as it outlines your responsibilities as a fundraiser.
PROTOCOLS FOR FUNDRAISING IN THE NAME OF FISANTEKRAAL ANIMAL WELFARE
1. Please provide written information at least two weeks prior to the proposed event/activity in order for us to have the opportunity to review timeously.
2. Agree not to take any risk which may result in injury or death to oneself or others, and exclude Fisantekraal Animal Welfare from any responsibility or liability for any injury or death which may result from the event/activity.
3. Agree to uphold the values and principles prescribed in this protocol.
4. Agree not to take any action or display any behaviour, which may damage the reputation, brand and/or credibility of Fisantekraal Animal Welfare.
5. Agree to deposit into Fisantekraal Animal Welfare Centre Fundraising Account within 30 days of the fundraising event using the pre-arranged reference.
6. A record of events (including contact details of all sponsors/donors) must be submitted to FAW via email. This enables us to keep accurate track of funds raised, and to thank and acknowledge all parties involved.
7. Should the fundraising require social media or press coverage by FAW, kindly provide relevant material timeously (e.g. photos, posters, etc.).
FUNDRAISING CATEGORIES / TYPE DEFINITIONS
Should you wish to just arrange for donations or delivery of items from a company or person that you know, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
1. General Fundraiser: raising monies for operations and all aspects thereof. Fisantekraal Animal Welfare reserves the right to allocate funds raised and donated as they see fit unless specifically stipulated prior to the donation.
2. Specific Fundraisers: Veterinary care, sterilisations, special projects, kennels, etc. will be used solely for the approved purpose. Fisantekraal Animal Welfare reserves the right to determine the requirements stipulated at the time of fundraising application.
WHAT YOU NEED TO RAISE FUNDS ON OUR BEHALF
It is a legal requirement that Fisantekraal Animal Welfare approves and authorises all community fundraising. Approval will be granted when Fisantekraal Animal Welfare is satisfied that your fundraising activity complies with the values and principles of Fisantekraal Animal Welfare and these guidelines. A letter of authority to fundraiser to be provided by FAW. These guidelines will form the basis of the terms and conditions of the community fundraising activity.
USE OF FISANTEKRAAL ANIMAL WELFARE LOGO AND CHARITY NUMBER
Any promotional materials or use of Fisantekraal Animal Welfare logo, name or charity number will need approval from FAW before your materials are made public.
CREATING FUNDRAISING PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
All materials you may wish to create for your fundraising event should be approved by FAW prior to publication / distribution on any platform (digital/print/social media or other).
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY AS A FUNDRAISER
You will be representing Fisantekraal Animal Welfare to the community and should adhere to the codes of conduct as set out below.
It is your responsibility to manage and coordinate your community fundraising event, budget, finances, prizes, publicity and/or goods and services required to run the activity in a professional and transparent manner.
It is important to realise that your fundraising activity is to raise funds for and on behalf of Fisantekraal Animal Welfare and, as such, is governed by the protocols and rules in this document. You must make this clear when writing correspondence or promoting your fundraising event.
Kindly choose any of the following phrases:
- “Proudly supporting Fisantekraal Animal Welfare”
- “Proudly supporting [project’s aim] and Fisantekraal Animal Welfare”
- “Proceeds raised will go to support Fisantekraal Animal Welfare”
- “Proceeds raised will go to support (Project’s aim) and Fisantekraal Animal Welfare”
Other things to take note of:
- You will need to consider whether you need insurance to cover your fundraising event to protect both yourself and your participants. Fisantekraal Animal Welfare cannot provide public liability insurance.
- You are responsible for generating your own publicity although FAW will assist on our platforms where possible.
- Any media releases will need prior approval by Fisantekraal Animal Welfare.
- It will be your responsibility to obtain any police permits, liquor license, gambling, food or other permits for your community fundraising event and you must abide by all legal regulations.
VALUES AND PRINCIPLES UNDERLYING THIS POLICY
Fisantekraal Animal Welfare representatives have a responsibility to conduct themselves in accordance with a way as to demonstrate the values of the organisation which are:
- Best informed practice
- Positive attitude
People acting on our behalf are responsible for supporting our mission statement and must be mindful of the philosophy of working within the charity sector. This philosophy refers to the need to understand the limited resources available within the organisation and that we are a service organisation whose responsibility is to provide a culture of caring and empathy with the needs of our target group.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR FUNDRAISERS
All people conducting fundraising on our behalf will do so in such a way as to exemplify the highest standards of conduct. This includes the following behaviour:
- Courtesy and respect for everyone
- Openness and honesty
- Refraining from using inappropriate or offensive language or gestures
- Exercising reasonable care and discretion
- Observing all appropriate laws or ethical accountabilities
- Refraining from endorsing particular products, pharmaceuticals or treatments
- Refraining from any form of bullying, harassment or discrimination
- Using the resources of Fisantekraal Animal Welfare lawfully, efficiently and only for professional purposes.
- Adhering to appropriate child protection requirements
- Any form of discrimination against employees, members or volunteers based on race, religion, sex, political views, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual preference or family responsibilities.
HOW CAN FISANTEKRAAL ANIMAL WELFARE HELP YOU?
Once your fundraising activity has been approved, the marketing and fundraising team will keep in touch with you and your progress and may be able to assist with the following, if sufficient time and materials are provided.
- Listing your event on our website and social media pages.
- Providing logos, artwork, images, etc. where required.
- Fisantekraal Animal Welfare representative to attend your event (dependant on availability and prior arrangement – 7 days notice where possible.)
- A Section 18A tax receipt on request
Regrettably, Fisantekraal Animal Welfare will not be able to provide the following:
- Reimbursement for any expenses incurred.
- Contact lists for you to use in promoting your event (due to privacy legislation).
- Fisantekraal Animal Welfare volunteers to help coordinate or run the event.
- Any other general assistance in organising and marketing your event.
- Applications for permits, licenses, or insurances required (these are the responsibility of the fundraiser)
- Prizes, auction or raffle items.
We thank you for your invaluable support!