SELFIE TIME! We’d love to share your donations on social media to celebrate your kindness AND inspire others. If you have a donation and would like us to share this, PLEASE take a photo of the donation (donation only or a selfie) and send it to us so that we can post it, along with who to thank. Email email@example.com
Download wish list: FAW Wish list 2021
(Scroll down for typed lists.)
- Especially dry (kibbles/pellets) dog, puppy, cat, and kitten food (we go through 1500 – 2000kg monthly)
- Treats: hooves, chewies, biscuits, etc.
- Cat litter
- Puppy/Kitten Milk, rabbit and bird food occasionally needed
ANIMAL CARE ITEMS (new or secondhand)
- Collars (especially M – L size) and harnesses (M-L). Leads. No choke chains or prong collars.
- Cat litter trays
- Kennels: especially medium size. Wood, plastic or concrete.
- Bowls: We currently have a lot of bowls but, if you have non-tip and slow-feed bowls (we often use the latter for fosters) to donate, these are best.
- Fleece blankets (easy to wash, dry quickly) and towels for use in clinic cages (please mark clearly if these are for clinic use and not sale).
- Pet carriers (preferably plastic as they are lighter and easier to clean than wood).
- (NOTE: If donating second-hand items, please be so kind as to ensure they are clean and in good repair. We regret, we are unable to accept broken items.)
- Airtime/data: 062 258 3547 – Cell C (general info) and 078 892 7892 – MTN (adoptions)
- Hardware store vouchers: Spiro’s Mica, Builder’s Warehouse, Brights (for buying runner materials for tethered dogs, and for general maintenance of our clinic and containers)
- Stationery: black permanent markers, whiteboard markers & cleaners
- Hand sanitiser: 60% or more alcohol content
- Cleaning items: ‘Handy Andy’, washing-up liquid, bleach
- Big bin liners (‘black bags’)
- Toilet paper
- Petrol donations
GOODS FOR OUR SECOND-HAND SHOP
Our small, informal shop in Fisantekraal sells donated second-hand goods to raise funds for our vet bills. Best-sellers include Clothing and shoes; Any household goods; Crockery; Electrical goods (working condition!); Soft furnishings including bed linen, curtains, towels, carpets, etc.; Furniture. (Books and large-size men’s clothes do not sell very well.) Please ensure items are clean and in good repair (i.e. not broken).
FAW is volunteer run and need of reliable volunteers. We welcome any assistance you’d like to give. We need volunteers in Fisantekraal/Greenville, Klipheuwel, and Morning Star (Durbanville), and on farms surrounding Durbanville – we simply cannot get to all these areas without more volunteers. People in outlying areas like Klipheuwel who can collect and return an injured animal at short notice are desperately needed.
We also need people to do fundraising, advertising, marketing, event organising, pet fostering, online admin, run market stalls, do home checks, etc. There’s something for everyone to do! Please visit our volunteer page for more information.
We go through loads of tick and flea treatments, dewormer, veterinary-grade disinfectant, and a host of other vet items. We strictly adhere to SA veterinary guidelines and are not permitted to use expired medication, so it’s best if we purchase these ourselves as needed. However, if you have something you think we could use or are a supplier, please do get in touch to discuss!
ANY amount makes a difference and you can donate via EFT to our general account or vet account, SnapScan, or PayFast. Note that FAW is a registered non-profit organisation (NPO 051-348) and a public benefit organisation* (PBO number 930057641). We are also BEE Exempt. We can issue S18A tax receipts on request.
Please visit our DONATE PAGE.
Vet account at Tygerberg Animal Hospital: ABSA, Acct nr: 9086157226, Branch: 542510, Reference: FAW/086734
PAYFAST SECURE DONATIONS (Credit & Cheque Cards incl international, Instant EFT, Debit Card, Masterpass, Zapper)
Sponsor a kennel via Purple Kennel Project for R450
MyPlanet: Help us every time you shop! Sign up for your My School – My Planet – My Village card or add us to your existing card, and swipe at participating retailers.
We are eternally grateful for anything you can send our way!